Investec has appointed current CCO Barbara-Ann King as the new CEO for the group's UK Wealth and Investment business. King (pictured) will take over from Ciaran Whelan, who took over the role in April 2020 following Jonathan Wragg's decade-long stint in order to reposition and integrate the UK wealth business into the group. For the first time in the group's history, Investec's two most senior leadership positions in the UK will be held by women, as Ruth Leas was named CEO of Investec Bank in 2019. The CEO-elect will assume her new responsibilities and join the group executive t...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes