Government plans to deregulate the financial sector are set to spark a battle between politicians and the Bank of England. Former chancellor Rishi Sunak is set to publish his so-called ‘Big Bang 2.0' on Wednesday, which would see ministers given the power to challenge regulatory decisions made by the central bank, reports International Investment sister title Investment Week. This will be supported by current chancellor Nadhim Zahawi, while outgoing prime minister Boris Johnson is reportedly losing patience with the bank's resistance to the proposed Solvency II regime. Bank of Engl...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes