The European Commission (EC) has initiated a public consultation on a new draft directive against 'enablers' who facilitate tax evasion and ‘aggressive tax planning'. The EC says some enablers ‘design, market and help set up structures in non-EU countries which may use entities without minimal substance in order to take advantage of differences between national tax systems or tax treaties. The proposed new directive will aim to step up the fight against tax evasion and aggressive tax planning by addressing the role of enablers who create these complex and non-transparent structures. ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes