Boris Johnson has declared he will remain as prime minister until a leadership election is completed but has resigned as Conservative party leader. In a speech given outside number 10, Johnson blamed the will of the parliamentary Conservative party for forcing him out and said a timetable for leadership campaign will be announced next week. Johnson said: "The herd instinct is powerful and when the herd moves, it moves." Prime Minister Boris Johnson resigns He explained the reason he had fought to remain in place over the past couple of days was "not just because I wanted to do s...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes