A number of pension providers are misusing their powers by delaying or blocking pension transfers, according to PensionBee. In December, the Department for Work and Pensions established the Occupational and Personal Pension Schemes (Conditions for Transfers) Regulations 2021, enabling pension transfers to be blocked where there was a high risk of a scam. However, it is claimed that the legislation is reportedly being taken advantage of providers, who are said to be adding additional steps to hinder the transfer process, consequently causing genuine pension transfers to be delayed or ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes