The global population of ultra high net worth individuals (UHNWs) continues to grow. According to Knight Frank, the world's population of UHNWs rose by 9.3% in 2021, following on from growth of 2.4% in 2020. But what motivates UHNWs to do anything with their assets, other than keeping them in their own name until they die? Fred Milner, counsel in the international trusts & private clients team at Mourant in Jersey, discusses lifetime planning, client behaviour and the importance of good governance. Understandably, UHNWs want to ensure their wealth is protected for future generations....
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes