Caledonia Investments, the controlling shareholder of boutique asset manager 7IM, is set to put the firm up for sale in the autumn, Sky News has reported. City sources told the broadcaster that Caledonia, which has owned 7IM since 2015, was expected to seek a valuation of about £400m for the firm. Investment bank Evercore Partners has been hired to handle the selling process, although it may be postponed if market circumstances continue to be unfavourable. In February, it emerged that Brooks Macdonald had approached Caledonia Investments late last year about a deal to acquire the...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes