Investment strategies underpinned by ‘megatrends' - such as demographics, urbanisation, technology and climate change - have attracted significant capital and attention, both before and since the pandemic, says Nicholas Brinckmann, managing director, Hansainvest Real Assets. For proponents, ‘megatrends' represent clear forward indicators of future real estate sector demand drivers. However, investors that chase ‘megatrends' without stress-testing assumptions, rigorous due diligence and asset business plans risk failure. In this article, we examine some of the pitfalls of binary megatren...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes