Julius Baer has announced its intention to set up an Advisory Office in Qatar as part of its Middle East expansion plans. In a statement today (7 June), the Zurich-headquartered firm said it had hired Slim Bouker from Doha Bank, to oversee the expansion and lead the new office based in the Qatar Financial Centre, subject to regulatory approvals. Julius Baer said it was currently working closely with both the Qatar Financial Centre Authority and the Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority (QFCRA) for the incorporation and application process. Slim joins Julius Baer from Doha B...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes