Property purchases in Dubai by Russians surged by 67% in the first three months of 2022, according to UAE property agents Betterhomes. Virtuzone, which helps companies to set up operations in Dubai, told the BBC it had seen a huge surge of Russian clients. "We are receiving five times more enquiries from Russians since the war began," said chief executive George Hojeige. "They are worried about an economic meltdown that's coming. That is why they are moving here to secure their wealth," he added. The influx of Russian nationals has bolstered demand for luxury villas and apartme...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes