Former PFS CEO Keith Richards characterised advisers as akin to coaches during a panel session at a record turnout FEIFA event yesterday (25 April). Richards, who is now chairman of the Financial Vulnerability Taskforce, said "financial planning has almost become a coaching programme for clients" as the regulator puts the onus on financial advisers to come up with appropriate risk profiles and bespoke understanding of ESG solutions. While some planners get very few questions from clients about ESG, Richards emphasised that "ESG is here to stay and in some parts of Europe it will bec...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes