DeVere Crypto, part of deVere Group has confirmed that it will not implement a blanket ban on Russians using its platform. It move comes as rivals such as based global exchange is currently blocking 25,000 cryptocurrency addresses linked to Russians, amid concerns that digital currencies will be used to bypass sanctions. It also follows news that American Express is joining Visa, Mastercard and PayPal in suspending operations in Russia following its invasion of Ukraine. Chief executive and founder of deVere Group, Nigel Green, said: "A few hundred, named Russian individuals are on ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes