London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) has suspended all seven Russian gold and silver refiners from its Good Delivery list, in response to growing sanctions over the nation's invasion of Ukraine. The suspensions come into force with "immediate effect", meaning no bars of gold or silver produced after 7 March will be accepted by the London Bullion market. Crypto overtakes gold as 'safe haven asset' amid Ukraine crisis Gold and silver bars produced by Russian refiners up until the moment of their suspension will still meet the required standard for acceptability in the market. ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes