Global dividends will reach $1.52trn in 2022, up from the previous record of $1.47trn last year, according to Janus Henderson's new forecasts. 2021 saw global dividends strongly recover, surging 14.7% from 2020. However, the latest Janus Henderson Global Dividend Index predicts that payouts will rise even higher. The report found that a quarter of the steep increase in dividends in 2021 came from just nine companies, eight of which are banks or miners. Overall, banks and miners delivered three-fifths of the $212bn increase in 2021. The mining sector distributed $96.6bn in 2021, wit...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes