Portugal has suspended the granting of new so-called Golden Passports to citizens of Russia, as part of its response to the EU's sanctions plan in response to the war in Ukraine. Portuguese foreign minister, Augusto Santos Silva, told CNNPortugal: "The Foreigners and Borders Service (SEF) has already suspended the assessment of any candidacy for residence permits for investment, the gold visas, of Russian citizens." Santos Silva said that the EU approved a "dynamic sanctions regime" on 25 February and it is "very likely" that more Russian citizens will be sanctioned in the coming day...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes