Putin's order to put troops in breakaway regions of Eastern Ukraine has led to heightened market fears that war will be increasingly impossible to avoid, as HBSC posts almost double profits yet signalling concern in recruiting top talent to Hong Kong when it has such strict pandemic curbs. Susannah Streeter, senior investment and market analyst, Hargreaves Lansdown said: "The ominous turn of events has escalated the already highly tense situation, with chances of a diplomatic breakthrough fading away and the fresh sanctions set to hit Moscow. "A barrel of Brent crude leapt 2.3% up ab...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes