Prudential Group chief executive Mike Wells is to retire at the end of March after seven years in the role, with his replacement still to be recruited, and based in Asia. In a statement on 10 February, Prudential said Wells had led its transformation into an Asia and Africa focused business, having executed two strategic demergers and accelerated the development of an Asian shareholder base through a successful equity issuance on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The board said that "given the refocused nature of the business" it was conducting a search for a Group CEO to be based in Asia...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes