Emerging market specialist Ashmore Group's financial performance in the second half of last year was impacted by the market environment as the firm suffered heavy outflows. Net outflows in the six months to 31 December reached $3.2bn while Ashmore also saw negative investment performance of $3.9bn. Assets under management now stand at $87.3bn. Seed capital investments generated gains of £25.2mn, down from £49.3m the previous year, while profit before tax also dropped by nearly a quarter to £116m. Despite poor performance in 2021, going forward market conditions are expected to take...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes