For many immigrants, gaining British Citizenship is the ultimate goal, however, to reach this stage can be a long, complex, and costly process says Amar Ali, director of central London-based immigration law firm Reiss Edwards. In a briefing note, he said the ability to remain in the UK and become a British national has many benefits for immigrants, including the ability to acquire a British passport, to travel into and out of the country freely, and greater protection when abroad. Unfortunately, there are certain circumstances whereby Citizenship can be revoked: On what grounds ca...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes