The Securities and Exchange Commission charged German Nino, a former securities broker and investment adviser representative for UBS Financial Services Inc., with stealing $5.8m from a long-standing client. Th US regulatoru said in a statement on 24 January that the complaint alleges that Nino, of Weston, Florida, stole the investment funds from his client's accounts over nearly a six-year period and used the majority of the money, $4.2m, on gifts for several women with whom he had romantic relationships. Nino allegedly employed various methods to conceal his misconduct from his clien...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes