Two men have been imprisoned for defrauding multiple elderly victims out of £2,469,620.48 in a boiler room investment fraud. David Shivmangal, 48, and Glenn Ward, 52, were found guilty at Southwark Crown Court on 15 December 2021 of fraud and money laundering offences. They were sentenced today to three years and nine months and three years respectively. The defendants were part of an organised criminal group which has been sentenced after a series of four separate trials, involving two separate frauds. One arose from the Capitol Finance Group which sold investments in a non-existe...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes