The British tech sector saw a record year in 2021, with investment in startups doubling to £26bn, says Philippe Thomas, founder at Vaultinum. Such expansion is exciting for the industry and represents an opportunity for investors to add innovative new companies to their asset portfolio. However, at the same time, tech businesses are seeing new threats, which require a shift in approach when it comes to risk-mitigation tactics. 2021 saw the highest average cost of data breaches in 17 years, reaching 4.24 million by the end of the year. Additional risks associated with software failure,...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes