HSBC has received regulatory approval from the Shanghai office of the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission to take full ownership of its life insurance joint venture in the country. The agreement allows it to buy the remaining 50% in its venture HSBC Life China, HSBC said in a statement. The life insurance venture, launched in 2009, is headquartered in Shanghai and has a presence in ten cities across China, the bank said. Based in Shanghai, HSBC Life China is present in 10 mainland cities covering Shanghai, Beijing, Tianjin, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhuha...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes