Abrdn is close to sealing the £1.5bn takeover of Interactive Investor and the deal could be announced today (02 December). The move, which first emerged early last month, will transform the capabilities of the FTSE 100 asset manager in the growing self-investment sector. The deal will not require abrdn to raise fresh equity, according to Sky News who reported that the deal could be announced as early as today. The acquisition of ii - which, with 400,000 personal investing clients and managing around £55bn is the UK's second-largest fund supermarket - would allow it to challenge firms ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes