Foreign ownership of properties in England and Wales has trebled since 2010 from 88,000 to nearly 250,000, according to new analysis by the Centre for Public Data. Exactly 247,016 titles across England & Wales are now registered to individuals with an overseas correspondence address, nearly 1% of all registered titles compared to 0.4% in 2010. The data was obtained via Freedom of information requests covering previously unpublished data from HM Land Registry on the number of property titles owned by individuals with an overseas correspondence address. Three-quarters of the titles a...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes