Abrdn has issued a statement confirming that it is in talks regarding the "potential acquisition" of retail investment platform Interactive Investor. According to reports, if it were to go ahead, the deal would be worth £1.5bn. Earlier in the year, the UK-based fund supermarket which is second only to Hargreaves Lansdown by size in the UK, was reported to be considering a London flotation at a valuation of up to £2bn. In a statement today (8 November), the FTSE 100 asset manager said: "The company notes recent media speculation and confirms that it is currently in discussions with ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes