The US Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act FATCA, operating now for over a decade, saw a total of 404,202 new monthly registrations according to the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) latest list published in November, up 2,658 from October. By far the highest number of new registrations came from the Cayman Islands where 1,097 financial institutions joined FATCA with 82,309 registrations. In the latest top 10 list, Brazil is considerably further down second position (36,588), and the UK only a touch behind in third place (36,172). Under FATCA, banks and other financial services busin...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes