Capital invested in insurance technology start-ups surpassed the $10bn mark for the first time in any one year on record, according to the new Quarterly InsurTech Briefing from Willis Towers Watson. The record-breaking $10.5bn was raised during the first three quarters of the year. Still with three months left to go, 2021 is now only $12m short of the entirety of what was invested into InsurTechs globally in 2018 and 2019 combined. The total deal count was 421 which is also an annual record. The latest quarter saw 113 deals yield more than $3.1bn in investment, a 23% increase ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes