Inheritance tax (IHT) receipts for April to September this year were £3.1bn, £0.7bn higher than the same period 12 months earlier, highlighting the need for effective estate planning, according to experts Official figures from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) published today (21 October) revealed the increase. Heather Owen, financial planning expert at Quilter said IHT reform remains unlikely. "With the Budget fast approaching, the rumour mill has begun and questions surrounding inheritance changes are beginning to form, with some suggesting, or perhaps hoping, it could be scrapped alto...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes