People's Bank of China (PBOC) has banned all crypto transactions and crypto mining, hitting cryptocurrencies and related stocks today (24 September). According to Reuters, ten agencies, including the central bank as well as banking, securities and foreign exchange regulators, said they would stamp out "illegal" cryptocurrency activity, the first time the Beijing-based agencies have joined forces to explicitly ban all cryptocurrency-related activity. PBOC said in a statement that China's government would "resolutely clamp down on virtual currency speculation, and related financial act...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes