Long-awaited cross-border investment schemes linking Guangdong province with Hong Kong and Macau will be launched in the next few days, according to a report in the South China Morning Post. "The country will introduce the Wealth Management Connect and the southbound Bond Connect schemes to further develop the connection and cross-border trading between the markets in the mainland and Hong Kong," Pan Gongsheng, deputy governor of People's Bank of China, said on Thursday (9 September) in Beijing. "The two schemes will officially start operating within the next few days," he said, witho...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes