The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has issued prohibition orders to two former brokerage representatives for providing false information, it said today (2 September). The orders, issued to Lan Kangming and Wee Toon Lee, took effect from Wednesday (I September). Lan and Wee, who received four and three years respectively, were prohibited from performing any regulated activity under the Securities and Futures Act (SFA). They are also prohibited from taking part in the management, acting as a director, or becoming a substantial shareholder of any capital market services firm u...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes