Geneva-based wealth managers Pleion and Probus have agreed to merge in a deal that will see CHF4bn ($4.4bn) of combined assets and around 200 staff worldwide, including 60 in Switzerland. Pleion CEO Patrick Héritier will head the management of the new entity in Switzerland, subject to approval by FINMA. Set up in 1980, Pleion focuses on certain asset classes, an IT infrastructure and in-house development of proprietary applications, with offices in Geneva, Bern, Nyon, Sion, Verbier and Zurich. Founded in 1984, Probus specialises in emerging markets, fund management and private str...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes