Aviva's strategy to focus its portfolio of businesses on key markets announced 12 months ago has seen "decisive progress" with eight businesses sold for £7.5bn, according to its half yearly results statement today (12 August). The London-headquartered international insurer said it had completed disposals of Aviva Vita in Italy and Aviva SA in Turkey in Q2 2021 and expected the remaining transactions in France, remainder of Italy, Poland and Vietnam, to complete later in 2021. "Our focus is on our strongest and most strategically advantaged businessess in the UK, Ireland and Canada, ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes