Fresh demands from the US financial regulators on cryptocurrencies are "a threshold moment" for Bitcoin and other digital assets, argues Nigel Green, chief executive and founder of deVere Group. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman Gary Gensler has said that Wall Street's top watchdog needs Congress to grant it more power to oversee the growing crypto market. Green said: "These demands by the SEC - the financial regulator of the world's largest economy - underscore again that cryptocurrencies are a major growth market and are gaining further influence within the mainstrea...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes