Irrespective of the impact of factors such as Brexit on emigration, the number of Brits moving abroad over the past five years has remained stable, with the latest figures (year ending March 2020) from the ONS revealing over 400,00 people left the UK for life overseas, says Christopher Nye. However, while creating a new life abroad, for work, family or retirement, many expats fall victim to sophisticated scammers who specifically target foreign residents. In light of this, here are five scams expats should watch out for, including: • Property • Visa • Investment • Pension • Money...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes