Union Bancaire Privée is to buy the Luxembourg-based wealth management business Danske Bank International just days after the parent company Danske Bank faced police charges over two potential violations of the European Union's market abuse rules. The undisclosed UBP deal is subject to regulatory approvals with a timeline to complete in Q4 2021. UBP estimated that with the acquisition under its belt it will hold almost 33bn CHF (€30bn) in assets under management in Luxembourg, where it has had a presence since 2002 through its asset management and private banking arms. Headquartere...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes