The global high-net-worth individual (HNWI) population grew 6.3%, surpassing the 20m bar, while HNWI wealth grew 7.6% in 2020, nearly reaching $80trn, according to the Capgemini 25th anniversary edition of its highly regarded World Wealth Report. Boosted by rising equity markets and government stimulus, North America surpassed Asia-Pacific to become the 2020 leader in both HNWI population and wealth. The in-depth report examines global wealth evolution in the past year and HNWI trends and influences from the last quarter century. In 2020, the ultra-HNWI segment led overall HNWI po...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes