Assicurazioni Generali has agreed to buy rival Axa's insurance assets in Malaysia for a consideration of RM 1,290m (€262m) in a key strategic push into the region. The deal announced today (22 June) will see Axa sell its stake of 49.99% in Axa Affin General Insurance and its 49% of Axa Affin Life Insurance. The acquisitions will position Generali as one of the top insurers in the Malaysian market, creating the second P&C insurer by market share and entering the country's life insurance sector. Generali will acquire a 70% stake in Axa Affin Life Insurance joint venture (49% from AXA...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes