Europe's gold exchange-traded fund (ETF) market saw a surge in demand in 2020 as investors sought safe-haven assets during the uncertainty sparked by the coronavirus pandemic, Brexit, and other geopolitical concerns. However, with future demand dependent on how various factors play out, European gold ETF providers could benefit from adopting some of the steps taken by their North American counterparts, according to the latest Cerulli Edge—Europe Edition. "Over the past two years, there has been phenomenal growth in the global ETF market, particularly in Europe. When gold-backed ETFs w...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes