Canadian-headquartered Canaccord Genuity is acquiring the wealth management business of private bank Adam & Co from Royal Bank of Scotland in a £54m deal. The Canadian group said it had reached an agreement with parent NatWest to acquire the £1.7bn investment management division via its UK wealth management arm CGWM UK. Canaccord Genuity will pay cash upfront in a deal that is expected to close in September, subject to regulatory approval. The firm said it would continue to operate the business under the Adam & Company name and that the business's core client proposition will not s...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes