ESG funds have accounted for 84% of investments into equity funds in previous two years, with net inflows rising seven-fold since to a total of $15.1bn out of $18.1bn, according to the latest figures from Calastone. There is a growing global shift in investing from active to passive funds, with active funds seeing $5.4bn in outflows in the past two years, while net inflows into passive/index funds reached $24.5bn, according to Calastone's global investor report. This switch to passive is consistent across all global markets, the report added. That said, ESG funds have enabled active e...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes