The Work and Pensions Committee at the UK Parliament has opened the second part of its inquiry into the impact of the pension freedoms and the protection of savers. The committee is looking at pensions freedom five years since it was first introduced in Britain. This second phase of the three-stage inquiry is to focus on protection measures for those who are moving from saving for retirement to drawing down their pension. Pensions scams, in particular, formed a central focus to the first phase of the inquiry, which closed last month. Stephen Timms MP, chair of the Work and Pens...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes