Just a day after announcing the sale of its French division, Aviva has confirmed it is to sell its entire 40% shareholding in its joint venture in Turkey, Aviva SA, to Ageas Insurance International for a cash consideration of £122m. Aviva's joint venture partner, Sabancı Holding, will retain its 40% shareholding. The transaction is expected to increase Aviva's IFRS Net Asset Value and Solvency II surplus by £100m. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approval, and is expected to complete in 2021. The sale follows Aviva's sale of its share...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes