Chuka Umunna has been hired by JP Morgan to head up its environmental, social and governance (ESG) work in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Umunna, the former shadow business secretary and MP for Streatham who was once a frontrunner for the Labour party leadership, has joined the US bank in a newly-created role leading its ESG activities for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, according to an internal memo seen by Investment Week. "In this role, he will work closely with the firm's regional and global ESG stakeholders and partner with teams across all lines of business to help our ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes