The UK Individual Shareholders Society (ShareSoc) has said that more than 500,000 of those who invested in the Woodford Equity Income fund (WEIF) may be able to recover "significant losses" as litigation firm Leigh Day has become the first to reach funding and claimant costs insurance agreements. ShareSoc announced in November 2020 that it was endorsing law firm Leigh Day's claim, backed by its own Woodford Campaign, the aim of which is to help investors seek compensation for their losses. ShareSoc and Woodford Campaign director Cliff Weight said: "This is the first time ShareSoc has ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes