Cyprus has said its successful handling of the covid-19 pandemic has put the island in a prime position to attract companies looking for a European base to access EU markets, an international summit was told. The 5th Cyprus International Investors Summit, hosted by Invest Cyprus, was held as Cyprus was placed best in Europe, and fifth among almost 100 countries in the Covid-19 Performance Index, compiled by think tank Lowy Institute. Analysts said the index showed that countries with "smaller populations, cohesive societies and capable institutions" have a comparative advantage in dealin...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes