The Bahamas government has passed new regulations aimed at updating the framework for coporate and financial services providers in the jurisdiction. Financial and Corporate Service Providers Regulations and the Financial and Corporate Service Providers Act (FCSP) were approved by parliament in December and together form an internationally compliant framework, which is overseen by the Securities Commission of the Bahamas (SCB) as the regulatory authority. The legislation updates the two-decades-old legal framework of the prevailing Act in three important areas: It provides legal c...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes