Nordea Asset Management has soft closed the Nordea 1 - Global Climate and Environment fund, effective 26 February 2021. The rapid growth of the fund has been cited as the reason for the closure, with assets under management (AuM) doubling over the course of 12 months and growing more than 500% in the past two years. It had reached more than €6bn AuM by the end of January 2021, resulting in the soft closure of the fund to protect the "best interests of existing shareholders". Launched in 2008 following Nordea's signing of the UNPRI, the fundamental equities team which manages the fu...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes