The FCA today issued a warning to retail consumers on investing in cryptoassets following Bitcoin's dizzying rise and fall again since the new year. The popular cryptocurrency is down 17% from the $41,500 peak it reached on 8 January, just three days ago. At the time of writing Bitcoin is trading at around $34,000. The British regulator appears concerned that unregulated firms are targeting consumers with marketing that promises high returns, that there may be some scam activity, and that consumers might not fully understand the risks associated with cryptoassets. The warning follo...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes